- Graduate of Chelmsford (Mass.) High School
- Graduate of Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern
University (Evanston, Ill.)
- Homeowner in Worcester, Mass.
- E-mail: LTolman@LTolman.org
- Copy editor / multimedia content (1992-2020) and bicycling
columnist (1990-2001), Telegram
& Gazette, Worcester, Mass.
- Board member and de facto executive director, Major Taylor
Association, 1999-present; board president, 2010-present.
- Katharine F. Erskine Award, 2011, YWCA of Central
- Women of Consequence award recipient, 2010, City of Worcester.
- Cycling articles in VeloNews,
The Ride magazine, USA
Cycling, MetroSports, and others.
- Press information manager, road and track cycling, 1996
Olympic Games, Atlanta.
- Bike touring editor, Do
It Sports webzine, 1996-97.
- Winner of the 1995 media award, New England Cycling Awards.
- More than 10 years' reporting experience with the Telegram
& Gazette, The Boston Globe, the News-Journal (Wilmington,
Del.) and the Daily Local News (West Chester, Pa.).
- Newspaper Guild member.
On the bike
- Publicity director, Seven Hills Wheelmen
- President, Major
- Longest bike tours:
- Time: Christchurch to Stewart Island, New Zealand,
25 days in 1992
- Distance: Portland, Maine, to Orlando, Fla., 1,648 miles in
- Bike tour articles/journals and/or pictures:
- Hilliest centuries:
- Mount Greylock, 1994
- Great River Ride, 1995
- Longest one-day ride: Seven Hills Wheelmen
fall century and then some, 134 miles, 1995
- Record yearly mileage: 7,452 in 1995
- Miles on 1987 Centurion Accord: 37,878
- Miles on 1995 Trek 1220: 42,942 and counting
- Newest bike: 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp -- 44,000 miles and
Off the bike
Contact: Lynne Tolman